• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

NO HUBCENTRIC RINGS FOR KEYSTONE KLASSICS

Weldguy

Reaction score
I realized today why I haven't been able to find hubcentric rings for my Keystone Klassic wheels on my '70 Challenger.
The center hole of the wheel doesn't come in contact with the brake drum, so the hubcentric ring would need to be very wide. Since they are usually pretty thin, I'm sure they would be easily bent while trying to attach the wheel. So, we're doomed to fight putting these wheels on.

20240518_110208_resized.jpg

Weldguy

Reaction score
Right, I know how they are mounted. I was commenting on how hard it is to deal with them with the "washers." Putting them on is always a hassle. Hubcentric rings would help a lot, but the way the back of the wheel is made makes that mostly impossible.

heminut

Reaction score
I was commenting on how hard it is to deal with them with the "washers." Putting them on is always a hassle.
That's the nature of the beast (aftermarket mag wheels) We've all had to deal with it. It just is what it is. If you've ever worked at a tire shop you deal with it a lot more than most!:BangHead:

Weldguy

Reaction score
That's the nature of the beast (aftermarket mag wheels) We've all had to deal with it. It just is what it is. If you've ever worked at a tire shop you deal with it a lot more than most!:BangHead:
I have toyed with the idea of cleaning up both mating surfaces and epoxying the "washers" to the wheels.

Back