• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ooh, Barracuda

CFL

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I’m new to this forum and would love pick your brains on a restoration project I’m just starting. A little back story: So I bought this ‘71 barracuda convertible back in 1978 when I turned 18 and needed a ride of my own. Its been with me thru college, marriage, fatherhood, grandfatherhood and now retirement. It was an everyday car until back in 2000 when I hauled it cross country from Colorado to Maryland where its been parked ever since, til now. I hasn’t been driven in more than 2 decades but its in decent shape and now that I’ve got some time, I wanna bring it back to life. My goal is to upgrade the interior, deck out the engine and maybe add some ‘Cuda’ features here and there, so I've got a ton of questions. What do you say guys, did I come to the right place?

71 Barracuda.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Very nice 71 Barracuda convertible! Glad you kept your E-Body and it sounds like it served you well.
Yes, you've come to the right place! The folks on this forum are very knowledgeable and fun to swap information and stories with!

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
You came to the right place and welcome :welcome:.

Great looking car and as you probably already know, Barracuda convertibles are a pretty rare breed. Obviously you can do what you want to your car, but I'd caution you on potentially ruining a BH convertible by turning it into yet another 71 Cuda clone.

CFL

Reaction score
Nice! From your pic it looks like the interior is all new. Did you piece meal it or did you buy a kit like the one from Dante's? Im looking at replacing everything from the carpet on up. Did you find a great supplier and or one I should avoid.

Finoke

Reaction score
Nice! From your pic it looks like the interior is all new. Did you piece meal it or did you buy a kit like the one from Dante's? Im looking at replacing everything from the carpet on up. Did you find a great supplier and or one I should avoid.

Dante’s is actually my favorite supplier. I’ve been buying from him for years. My interior is a mix of nice original pieces and the rest from Dante. I would definitely buy the interior kit from Dante if I needed everything. I will say that there has been a huge lead time in legendary interior products from all suppliers, even if you buy direct. So place the order asap because it could take 6 months to a year for seat covers.

If you end up needing any bodywork and paint, I would reccomend Mid-Atlantic Customs. They did my car and they are very trustworthy. Best part is they are close to you in Charlotte Hall Md. They curentjy have my 1970 Panther Pink Challenger convertible for body and paint.

CFL

Reaction score
You came to the right place and welcome :welcome:.

Great looking car and as you probably already know, Barracuda convertibles are a pretty rare breed. Obviously you can do what you want to your car, but I'd caution you on potentially ruining a BH convertible by turning it into yet another 71 Cuda clone.
Thanks for the welcome. I love this car and understand the value of a survivor so your caution isn't falling on deaf ears. Im gonna start with the restoration before I do any modifications

CFL

Reaction score
Dante’s is actually my favorite supplier. I’ve been buying from him for years. My interior is a mix of nice original pieces and the rest from Dante. I would definitely buy the interior kit from Dante if I needed everything. I will say that there has been a huge lead time in legendary interior products from all suppliers, even if you buy direct. So place the order asap because it could take 6 months to a year for seat covers.

If you end up needing any bodywork and paint, I would reccomend Mid-Atlantic Customs. They did my car and they are very trustworthy. Best part is they are close to you in Charlotte Hall Md. They curentjy have my 1970 Panther Pink Challenger convertible for body and paint.

Thanks for the Dante nod. I did speak with Dante and you are right - 6 weeks for the rear panels and 19 weeks for the seat covers. Better put my order in...

Back