• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Original Interior Floor Pan with seam sealer

Matt L.

Reaction score
This is my restoration of the interior of my 71 Cuda. Sorry the pics aren't better, just wanted to get an idea from start to end in the interior restoration, as there was some pitting in the metal and a couple of pin holes in the floor pan under the driver's side pedals. I sealed them up with JB weld after taking a wire wheel to it. I was originally going to try and weld it, but I didn't want to blow throught the metal and then have to chase my tail.

I've left the original factory white/tan seam sealer, however, the black seam sealer seems to have outlived its usefuleness, so I am going to redo the seam sealer as close to factory as possible.

If anyone has any ideas as to what products to use, I'm all ears.

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1140.jpeg

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_1136.jpeg

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Good call on not trying to weld up that pinhole. :thumbsup: I've made that mistake, and chasing my tail is the perfect way to describe the result.

Matt L.

Reaction score
The first picture is quite odd and imparts a mystery on this car, as there is weld spots on the top of the hump. I'm not sure this indicates the floor pans have been replaced or not. However, when pulling out the seat belts, it seems as if there was factor seam seal that was in place when the seat belts were screwed down, actually bending the base of the seat belt as it was screwed down.

As you can see, the car was originally green and "restored" in the mid 90's, so it's hard to discern what was factor and what was put in place after it was restored. It looks like they did a pretty good job but got a bit sloppy at the end when putting it back together.

IMG_1433.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

Matt L.

Reaction score
A good example of how they got sloppy restoring it was when they took out thee heater assembly. As you can see in the first photo, they tried to pull it apart and broke the housing underneath the bracket when they tried to tear it down. Looks like they gave up and didn't restore the heater box.

I ground down all the louvers and installed an upgrade kit to put it back together.

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1182.jpeg

don selleck

Reaction score
single tube, its messy stuff put it down quick and leave it alone, more you touch it worse it gets. you can clean up a little with a small acid brush and wax and grease remover

Back