• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Spindle question

Jobu

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these spindles on eBay? Are they any good or just cheap China stuff? Thanks

s-l1600.jpeg

bc3j

Reaction score
I might suggest you contact Cass at doctordiff.com for your braking needs. He’s a great source for information and parts.

Xcudame

Reaction score
With my experience of life, you pay your money and get what you pay for. Meaning cheap price is usually cheaply made and higher price is usually better quality! Dr. Diff has a pretty good reputation in the brake/rear end market.

JDMopar

Reaction score
They are all made in the same foundry, probably in Taiwan where all the rest of the AMD/Goodmark/Dynacorn stuff is made. They are copies of 73 and up A body spindles, which are exactly the same as 73-74 E body spindles. A bodies had the slider calipers like pictured above, while the E bodies kept the pin type calipers throughout all 5 years of production.

Jobu

Reaction score
They are all made in the same foundry, probably in Taiwan where all the rest of the AMD/Goodmark/Dynacorn stuff is made. They are copies of 73 and up A body spindles, which are exactly the same as 73-74 E body spindles. A bodies had the slider calipers like pictured above, while the E bodies kept the pin type calipers throughout all 5 years of production.
Thanks! That explains why all pictures from different vendors are the same.

JDMopar

Reaction score
If you have time to look around a bit, you can find factory spindles at a fairly reasonable price. You can even use spindles from F/M/J body cars. Aspen-Volare-Diplomat-5th Ave. The spindles from those cars are 3/8" taller than factory A & E 73-74 spindles, but that doesn't hurt a thing. Supposedly, it actually helps with front end alignment. If you can find spindles, you can build from the spindles out from NAPA, AutoZone, O'Reilly's, etc. If you can find caliper brackets for 11.75 rotors, the 11.75 rotors are a direct fit to 73 and up A&E spindles, and also the F/M/J spindles. Same bearings and seals as the 10.87 rotors that are stock on A, E, F, M, J cars. The bigger rotors came on late B bodies like Cordobas and Chargers.

JDMopar

Reaction score

Some for sale on here, but plumb across the country! :BangHead:

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
The shipping cost of buying a whole used factory part set up, is offset by the cost of buying new.
By that I mean, buying new spindles and splash sheilds, and getting free shipping, then buying new rotors and bearings locally, then getting calipers wherever?
All adds up.
Those parts @ $425 can be broken down to fit in 3 large flat rate boxes. As long as they are 10.75" rotors. The true 11" don't fit in the large flat rate.
I know as I sold countless sets of dics's back in my junkyard days and selling on ebay.
Don't forget the hidden cost of new. Sales Tax. Out here 10.8% so tax on 400 equals the shipping on 2 boxes.

Back