• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The Vaanth Thermo-Quad Guide, re-written and updated.

Vaanth

Reaction score
Hello FEBO,

I recently joined and introduced myself in the Welcome Wagon forum. Some of you may have seen my user name, Vaanth, before. I have used it on several things and several places since I coined it in 1979.

In 1998, I wrote a document called "A Carter Thermo-Quad Guide" while on the Mopar Mailing List . It has become known as the "Vaanth Thermo-Quad Guide". Although it contained a fair amount of information, it had some gaps and had some errors. I have since re-wrote it, expanded it, and corrected it.

The updated Version 2 of the document, still in pure text form can be found at A Carter Thermo-Quad Guide, Version 2.0.

Another version in a basic web/HTML form can be found at A Carter Thermo-Quad Guide, Version 3.1.

Both of these versions, plus the original version (Version 1), and a simpler alternate HTML version (Version 3.0) are located at Vaanth Thermo-Quad Guide Site, along with some other Thermo-Quad reference information.

These are hosted on a Google Sites page. Google Sites is not ideal, but it is free, mostly works, and is relatively reliable. These updated versions are essentially complete. A possible future, fuller featured, Version 4 may be added later.

I also posted the same message on FABO and FBBO in the Fuel and Air Systems forum there.

FYI,
Gary aka Vaanth

Xcudame

Reaction score
Vaanth (Gary), thank you for the Thermoquad Guide links! A wealth of great information. The Thermoquad is my go to carburator. Attached is the 413 (1970) my son and I built together. The Thermoquad hasn't been rebuilt yet. I'm going to rebuild it with my son so he understands how carbs work and can rebuild them in the future. Sadly more and more people are moving away from carbs.

IMG_20240414_153123090.jpg

Back