• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

tor red '73 challenger

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Steady progress.
The bit details seem to take forever.
There is a holder bracket for the two hoses that mounts to the front of the head.
I reviewed some of your first postings and saw the car didn't have a motor in it. If you need any pictures pictures of specific setups I will provide.

See pic that shows the holder. If you don't have or cannot locate, it is a fairly simple piece that could easily be fabricated out of flat stock with the top end then coated in PlastiDip.
Let me know....
ffcaa20b-6528-468f-bae5-1bb990ad6887_zpsd2bc8829.jpg.

a68postcar

Reaction score
thanks for the info 74 chlngrTT5.9. ITS HERE SUMMERS. I just gotta find it first.LOL. anyways, some progress.

100_5400.jpg

100_5408.jpg

100_5401.jpg

100_5398.jpg

100_5416.jpg

100_5415.jpg

a68postcar

Reaction score
moving right along. it is starting to look like a car........

100_5420.jpg

100_5421.jpg

100_5422.jpg

100_5423.jpg

100_5424.jpg

100_5427.jpg

a68postcar

Reaction score
dang Robert, thanks alot. it is photogenic enough to make what i do look better.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
All in the details.
Simple small items like having both the quarter window crank handles oriented the same. Yes I have my own issues...

moparleo

Reaction score
Just a little observation, is the seat too small or is it the carpet ? It looks like the carpet does not go all the way under the seat. Looks like the sunvisor mount could use a little detailing. It is just me, I can always see the wrong stuff.

a68postcar

Reaction score
Just a little observation, is the seat too small or is it the carpet ? It looks like the carpet does not go all the way under the seat. Looks like the sunvisor mount could use a little detailing. It is just me, I can always see the wrong stuff.
i'm kinda the same way. there is going to be a fair amount of punch list stuff to do (as always). the bracket to be touched up, thngs like that. i don't sweat it too bad till it drives me nuts enough to go back and get it. the carpet is puckered in the foot well. when i button the back end up, these are the kind of thing i take care of. seems wierd but it helps me keep organized. especially when i'm doing a job that was essentially a basket case. correct screw size and length, the correct number of screws, nuts, bolts, washers. yadda, yadda, yadda. i would have to venture that the car has been built at least 3 times. but i believe that it shows up in the fit, and finish.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
i'm kinda the same way. there is going to be a fair amount of punch list stuff to do (as always). the bracket to be touched up, things like that. i don't sweat it too bad till it drives me nuts enough to go back and get it. the carpet is puckered in the foot well. when i button the back end up, these are the kind of thing i take care of. seems weird but it helps me keep organized. especially when i'm doing a job that was essentially a basket case. correct screw size and length, the correct number of screws, nuts, bolts, washers. yadda, yadda, yadda. i would have to venture that the car has been built at least 3 times. but i believe that it shows up in the fit, and finish.

I also noticed the carpet and visor mount.
I understand your statement and (mostly) agree with you. But also take it from someone that has been there. As I neared completion of my 68 Mustang and was finally after many years able to drive it everywhere, most of the "details" no longer mattered. Carpet still has puckers, rear quarter windows still need final adjustment, etc...
Finish as much as you can BEFORE you turn the ignition key and find a gear.

Mike.

ramenth

Reaction score
dang Robert, thanks alot. it is photogenic enough to make what i do look better.

It's all a learning process. Don't know about you, but with each car I get better and better at doing it. Especially now that I sit back and study the way the factory did it for ease of assembly.

The last Mopar I painted with the deck lid and the hood off is just exactly that. Now I do it the factory way: doors off, decklid and hood bolted on. One of the reasons the factory did the great body drop over the powertrain/suspension sub-assembly. I also have a penchant for mock up. A lot of it is necessary, especially in doing some custom pieces.

The nightmare of building my F250 Dentside. (But, oh what fun!) I want the body lines to all line up. No mean feet when you're dealing with a truck in which the body lines run down both sides for 18 feet and run across the fenders, the doors, the cab, and the box. I'll take my time to put everything in primer and make my adjustments, then rip the truck apart, leaving the front end together as a unit, for paint. The truck will actually be assembled and then taken back apart for paint, 'coating, etc. That means the entire truck will be an assembled, unpainted piece, only to be taken back apart.

a68postcar

Reaction score
this is probably mid to high two hundredth for me and i still do it this way. more time consuming, but well worth it to me.

a68postcar

Reaction score
it never ever ends. one to another, and on, and on, and on and, well, you know. but it sure is a nice one aint it?

Bill

Reaction score
Me being a novice, I have been learning lately with my Challenger project to try not to focus on too many things that need to get done at once. I'm learning to take it a step or maybe two steps at a time. I start to get overwhelmed with all that has to be done when I start to take on too many tasks at once. The garge seems to wind up getting messier too when too many things are going on at once.

a68postcar

Reaction score
Me being a novice, I have been learning lately with my Challenger project to try not to focus on too many things that need to get done at once. I'm learning to take it a step or maybe two steps at a time. I start to get overwhelmed with all that has to be done when I start to take on too many tasks at once. The garge seems to wind up getting messier too when too many things are going on at once.

Bill, as i mentioned in an earlier post, I guess that this is somewhere around #200 or so, and I still learn something new all the time. I use several methods to keep up. but by far, the dry erase board is the #1 tool in the shop. as the info on it changes the progress shows on the car.

Bill

Reaction score
I've been using a spreadsheet as my dry erase board. It's a good feeling when I visit it and check things off that I have done. But usually when I cross two off I wind up adding one more. (lol)
Bill, as i mentioned in an earlier post, I guess that this is somewhere around #200 or so, and I still learn something new all the time. I use several methods to keep up. but by far, the dry erase board is the #1 tool in the shop. as the info on it changes the progress shows on the car.

Back