• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Torsion bar numbers and position

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there any specific way to install the torsion bars? I'm referring to the numbers and lines stamped on the end of each bar. Not sure if there is a drivers side or passengers side bar front or back? The manual shows the lines vertical when installed but never suggests any procedure or method for this. I'm running a small block and currently have my torsion bars out doing front end work.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tirekickertoo

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The anchor end of the bars are stamped with the last 3 digits of the part number, the one ending in the even number is the right side, odd is left.

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
The anchor end of the bars are stamped with the last 3 digits of the part number, the one ending in the even number is the right side, odd is left.

Thanks DetMatt1 for this valuable information. So do the lines stamped on the ends of the torsion bars have any meaning? Do they have to be in any particular position when installed?

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That makes no difference but if your bars have the original assembly line paint dabs on them you might want to keep those facing the pavement.

Back