• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Turn Signals Not Flashing

Oil bidness

Reaction score
My 70 Cuda has the following issue with respect to the turn signals.

All lights front and back illuminate. The brake lights illuminate. The emergency flashers work properly. I can make the parking lights and tail lights flash by moving the turn signal lever up or down intemittenly, mimicking the action of the turn signal switch. When I engage the switch the indicator on the dash lights up but does not flash.

Suggestions on what to check next before just diving in and changing out the turn signal switch?

I assume the emergency flashers and turn signals are on the same flasher switch (which I have changed).

I know there is a fuse for emergency flashers, but is there a separate fuse for turn signals? If so, would they illuminate at all if the fuse was blown.

d

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Emergency flasher is on the right side of steering column. Turn signal flasher is on the right side of ash tray underneath.

Last edited:

pschlosser

Reaction score
No, the indicators would not illuminate at all, if the fuse for the circuit were blown.

But, I seem to recall the use of LED bulbs can defeat the flasher, because they may not draw enough current for the relay to function, correctly.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
Are you using LED bulbs? If so, you'll need a special LED flasher that has the black pigtail ground. I upgraded my Duster to all LED and everything worked fine until I turned the headlights on and the turn signals would not flash. Weird problem, so replaced the two back bulbs with OE style instead of LED and that resolved it. I spent enough time troubleshooting!

Back