• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Welcome Home 1970 S.E.

One of few

Reaction score
It’s been 7 long years, but my baby is back home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

One of few

Reaction score
I acquired this rare find in 1998. It had a few problems, and after a little attention, she became a survivor roadworthy machine again. I drove it to a million car shows, cruise ins and such until 2017…..

After a medical incident, it occurred to me that I’m not getting any younger, and if I want to restore that Challenger, sooner is better than later.

So I found the WRONG shop, here in Michigan to do the work, and only after blowing by the estimate by multiple thousands, the illegal accounting practices, stolen original parts….. During Covid, I brought the car home in pieces, and it sat till the first of the year. I worked on it little bit here and there until I found the right help.

I found a Mopar shop NOT IN MICHIGAN with an open assembly bay, and I dropped it off mid February, thanks to a mild winter. I picked it up last Friday, in an enclosed car trailer….

Of course, it was raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock, by the time I got home, so it didn’t get unloaded until Saturday…..
Looks fantastic! So Paul Harvey, what's the rest of the story?!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. I think it looks very good! I was worth the wait. If it was done by the shop where it was. It might have been half ass and you wouldn't be happy.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Beautiful Challenger👍. Is the exterior trim including those side moldings all original. They look great.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That’s gorgeous! I can’t help but notice that the blackout treatment wasn’t done behind the grille, personal preference?

One of few

Reaction score
Beautiful Challenger👍. Is the exterior trim including those side moldings all original. They look great.
Yes, those V5X pieces are original, the lower rocker panel pieces were not savable - had to replace those.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Beautiful Challenger! Looks a lot like mine, but mine is not restored yet. Love your Year One Rallye wheels!

One of few

Reaction score
Beautiful Challenger! Looks a lot like mine, but mine is not restored yet. Love your Year One Rallye wheels!
Thank you - the first set they sent me were blemished, and pitted badly. All 4 wheels were sent back, the replacements they sent were of much better quality. It drives, and handles nicely.

Back