• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

White Interior Paint

GregDaro

Reaction score
1970 Challenger convertible. Rear panels were originally black and have been sprayed white. They do not match the door panels so I want to clean them up and respray. New panels are $1,024 for the pair - not worth it for this car, especially because the panels are otherwise in good shape.

I can not find 1970 white interior paint. Classic has 1969 white, but not 1970. Anyone know if it is the same? Or, where I can get the 1970 white?
Last resort is to take them to a body shop and get them color matched and sprayed.

IMG_0650.jpeg

pschlosser

Reaction score
I feel your pain.

There is no 1970 Door Panel/Interior Paint, because the interior door panels were injection-molded in color. Not painted. You may even already know this.

Rear interior panels on the barracuda convertible were even more, unique.

That said, those painted rear panels you have are not horrible. And to make them better will cost, in my opinion, 4-figures.

OEM white interior panels were, in my opinion. the most vulnerable color to UV damage. These panels were made back when UV damage wasn't a concern.

Few white interior panels survive (unpainted) today. Don't feel bad. The white color was special for 1970, unique and vulnerable.

Add the convertible interior rear panel was a special convertible-only product. We are saying the convertible-top rear interior barracuda door panels in white are the most rare unique panels out there.

I recommend you make what you have work, unless you're gonna spend 100's of Dolarios.

Last edited:

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
I feel your pain.

There is no 1970 Door Panel/Interior Paint, because the interior door panels were injection-molded in color. Not painted. You may even already know this.

Rear interior panels on the barracuda convertible were even more, unique.

That said, those painted rear panels you have are not horrible. And to make them better will cost, in my opinion, 4-figures.

OEM white interior panels were, in my opinion. the most vulnerable color to UV damage. These panels were made back when UV damage wasn't a concern.

Few white interior panels survive (unpainted) today. Don't feel bad. The white color was special for 1970, unique and vulnerable.

Add the convertible interior rear panel was a special convertible-only product. We are saying the convertible-top rear interior barracuda door panels in white are the most rare unique panels out there.

I recommend you make what you have work, unless you're gonna spend 100's of Dolarios.
Agree with pschlosser that the color was molded in. A couple of things maybe to look into-

Herb's Paints lists a Pearl White for 64-69 and then a White for 69-76. I've no firsthand experience with it.
Herb's Parts: HERBS PARTS INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, PAINT

Looking at the chart found in the shop manual, the white used on some of the metal interior pieces in '70 was apparently known as Dove White. You could likely have that 8745 number mixed up in a SEM vinyl dye and at least you'd have something that was found elsewhere in the interior originally. My brother did this with his 70 green interior and the results were good.

Either way I think I'd want to spray the door and rear panels at the same time so they'd be sure to match.

1970-dodge-pg02.jpg

Last edited:
Back