• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB WTB E or B Body metering valve

tullm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a brake metering valve with a good 8-point fitting. I believe said fitting is the same for E and B bodies, the only difference being the brackets. I have no idea if A and C body's use a similar fitting. Not interested in reproductions just yet.

I didn't want to take a chance at damaging the fitting so after a few tries I took the proportion valve to a local machine shop. The first pic is what I took them, the second pic is what I got back. Well, on the bright side they didn't damage the brass housing.

Thank you

20240831_055339.jpg

20240921_123642.jpg

Cudaize

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking for a brake metering valve with a good 8-point fitting. I believe said fitting is the same for E and B bodies, the only difference being the brackets. I have no idea if A and C body's use a similar fitting. Not interested in reproductions just yet.

I didn't want to take a chance at damaging the fitting so after a few tries I took the proportion valve to a local machine shop. The first pic is what I took them, the second pic is what I got back. Well, on the bright side they didn't damage the brass housing.

Thank you

View attachment 129378

View attachment 129379
One thing that I didn't realize before I took mine apart is that the little rectangle at the top deforms the threads to keep the nut from coming out. This needs to be ground or cut before taking apart.

Brake and Equipment Warehouse had a tool made to remove the nut. If your nut gets ruined they take a nut from a reproduction valve, sell you a wole valve. They claim this has been successful. I was skeptical because of all the bad things I heard of reproduction valves.

tullm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I didn't realize before I took mine apart is that the little rectangle at the top deforms the threads to keep the nut from coming out. This needs to be ground or cut before taking apart.

Brake and Equipment Warehouse had a tool made to remove the nut. If your nut gets ruined they take a nut from a reproduction valve, sell you a wole valve. They claim this has been successful. I was skeptical because of all the bad things I heard of reproduction valves.
Thank you for the insight and info @Cudaize. I should have posted a question or two before trying to "save" myself some money. Rookie mistake! I may have to try a reproduction valve but have the same concern/question as you regarding leaks. After the damage was done I found a post by Mike Ross, he has the tools and skills to replace the rivets and replate the attachment bracket. In hindsight I wish I would have just sent it to him. I should stop trying to save myself money, each time I find myself spending more it seams.

Thanks again.

20240921_123321.jpg

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the insight and info @Cudaize. I should have posted a question or two before trying to "save" myself some money. Rookie mistake! I may have to try a reproduction valve but have the same concern/question as you regarding leaks. After the damage was done I found a post by Mike Ross, he has the tools and skills to replace the rivets and replate the attachment bracket. In hindsight I wish I would have just sent it to him. I should stop trying to save myself money, each time I find myself spending more it seams.

Thanks again.

View attachment 129405
We've all been there. Main thing is you're saving it. That's what's important.

Back