• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Blue Interior- Carpet Detail?

NixDad

Reaction score
I am working on a second E-body with Blue interior and am now recalling that I questioned what is available for new Blue Carpeting.
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of the original carpeting, but what I do have reminds me that the original was a bit darker and a bit more turquoise...or at least that is what my eye is seeing.
Anyone with really good original Blue carpeting? Can you post a picture?
The ACC options seem to be either light (too light IMO) or dark (more navy?).

heminut

Reaction score
It's hard to go by pictures, especially online. The tints can vary quite a bit due to various reasons and what you get might not even be close to what you saw in the picture. I would contact ACC and see if you can get a couple of sample pieces from them. Also, you know that any original carpet out there is bound to be faded to one degree or another from what it originally was 50 years ago.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
B5 Challenger Interior Rallye AC & Auto Console.jpg
H6BW 1970 AAR Cuda Interior Upholstery 4-Spd Console (1).jpg
B5 Challenger TA Interior 4-Spd Console.jpg
P6B5 BLUE GranCoupe Buckets (3).jpg

NixDad

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison picture.
Obviously lighting and other factors make things seem different.
Using the seat vinyl, or console as a comparator, I’d personally say picture 1 is too light.
That TA seems like it’s using darker carpet which looks more similar to the other interior parts.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Regardless, the carpet you're going to get is ACC. They pretty much supply all the vendors. Rockauto is pretty much the cheapest.

Back