• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 PRO TOURING CUDA

CUDABOY1973

Reaction score
Hello there, I am in need of some help! My body guy who has had my 1973 Cuda for over 3 years has lost my VIN Tag and Fender Tag for my car. I'm lost for words such a idiot. I have the ownership in my name....what am I to do?

thumbnail_4DD3D8EE-859A-42ED-83E7-23211D65569F.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5781.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6861.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6862.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6864.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wow! That ride looks SWEET !! Nice look !!

That's a hell of a situation your stuck in.
I'd have to consider a lawsuit.
But then again, not sure if that would do anything aside from making him pay for a new vin tag and certification for the car.
No way to replace that fender tag, unless you have a build sheet.

I would probably retrieve my car and then send a dump truck full of fresh cow crap and have that dumped on his front steps of his business and home.

Can't burn his shop down, insurance would help him and law would not help you. But cow dung, well,

Xcudame

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the build sheet? Otherwise, like Cuda Hunter said, you're really in a bad situation.

By the way, I see you joined today. Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice looking 73. You should post an intro in the Welcome Wagon forum too!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to to the site , Beautiful ride !
RCMP can issue a new VIN but it will never be the same , you should have a record of the VIN , Maybe ECS can reproduce one .

CUDABOY1973

Reaction score
Wow! That ride looks SWEET !! Nice look !!

That's a hell of a situation your stuck in.
I'd have to consider a lawsuit.
But then again, not sure if that would do anything aside from making him pay for a new vin tag and certification for the car.
No way to replace that fender tag, unless you have a build sheet.

I would probably retrieve my car and then send a dump truck full of fresh cow crap and have that dumped on his front steps of his business and home.

Can't burn his shop down, insurance would help him and law would not help you. But cow dung, well,
Do you happen to have the build sheet? Otherwise, like Cuda Hunter said, you're really in a bad situation.

By the way, I see you joined today. Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice looking 73. You should post an intro in the Welcome Wagon forum too!
I called ECS apparently I sent them pics of fender tag and vin tag.
I at least have all the info
Someone out there was do reproductions ?

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Nice ride there. Can't believe they lost them. Must be morons as there is probably a better word I could use. Don't know if you have pictures of the fender tag and build sheet. I would imagine those would help out.

CUDABOY1973

Reaction score
Nice ride there. Can't believe they lost them. Must be morons as there is probably a better word I could use. Don't know if you have pictures of the fender tag and build sheet. I would imagine those would help out.
I do have pics of both tags

terrywalker

Reaction score
It's a good thing you have photos of the tags. I guess what I don't understand is why he needed the tags. I have learned from this and others that this has happened to, that I would never send the tags to a shop when work needs to be done on the car. I hope things work out for you.
Terry W.

CUDABOY1973

Reaction score
It's a good thing you have photos of the tags. I guess what I don't understand is why he needed the tags. I have learned from this and others that this has happened to, that I would never send the tags to a shop when work needs to be done on the car. I hope things work out for you.
Terry W.
He was supposed to be installing dash board and then the glass. VIN tag had to go in before windshield.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Good thing you have pictures of the vin tag and the fender tag.
Have you searched the web for your vin number?
With the title and a vin tag, you should have no issues getting the fender tag reproduced through one of the few that do it.
@CUDABOY1973
Sure would like to see more details. That's a sweet ride!!

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
How do you lose a dash VIN tag that is rosette riveted to the dash pad/frame?
Those repro dash VIN tags are close but still detectable as a repro for those in the know.
Same for the repro fender tags. Repro fender tags are available at TagMyClassic.

Having the tags on the car and matching the body VINs (cowl & radiator support) are a plus for most Mopar fans.
If you get the repros, at least you have the original photos to show and a story to go with why you have a repro dash VIN and a repro fender tag.

Last edited:

CUDABOY1973

Reaction score
Those repro dash VIN tags are close but still detectable as a repro for those in the know.
Same for the repro fender tags. Repro fender tags are available at TagMyClassic.

Having the tags on the car and matching the body VINs (cowl & radiator support) are a plus for most Mopar fans.
If you get the repros, at least you have the original photos to show and a story to go with why you have a repro dash VIN and a repro fender tag.
Thxs for the help

CUDABOY1973

Reaction score

The car was rotisserie restored
Dash cover stripped and rapped in leather
Everything was stripped clean

Back