• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR project

marksmopars

Reaction score
Now I need to figure out how to suspend this thing while I cut all the rusted structure out! Any suggestions etc are welcomed and thanks to all for the supporting information.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
You need a dolly. Not a blow up doll but a rolling cart to place it on so it is supported in 5 locations while you cut out the sixth.
I will try to find a pic of the one I own but there are several on here or over on ebodies . org that have specifics.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The Broadcast Sheet shows H4X9 Split-Back Bench Seat. Definitely different and that seat option required the column-shift automatic on an AAR.
H4 Optional for BH-BS Split-Back Bench Seats with folding center armrest.jpg

H4X9 Split-Back Bench 1970 Seats from Plymouth Barracuda Promo film.jpg
H4X9 Split-Back Bench Seats 1970 Split-Back Bench Seats 2.jpg

torredcuda

Reaction score
Nice project and super jealous as a four speed AAR is my dream car and in FC7 even more so!

Last edited:

marksmopars

Reaction score
I think I need to restore to factory specs even though I prefer the four speed myself, but I love to hear what others think on the matter.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Like Cuda Hunter said, not many column shift bench seat AAR Cudas. I'd keep that original. It will set your car apart from others!

marksmopars

Reaction score
Interior of this is all pretty nice for 54 years old. Back seat is dirty but looks like it’s never been sat on. Here are a few more pictures of my pleasant surprise. Yup, it reads 46,261 miles on the terrible pic I posted here and numbers are correct very nice dash and grille.

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

marksmopars

Reaction score
And ya just gotta love the fact I opened the passenger seat back and found another build sheet. The other was under the passenger side carpet.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wow!
What a car!

Is the grill a black plastic or grey plastic grill?
Painted black argent? Or sprayed with black paint?

That dash pad looks mint!

marksmopars

Reaction score
It is all real nice, needs badly to be cleaned, black grille very nice, again needs cleaning. I haven’t checked close enough to see if it was painted or what, it looks nice original. Bumbers and valences are nice as well
It's probably missing, but do you have the second "TRANS AM" tag (see below) or can tell if the third screw hole is in fender skirt? The third screw hole would help prove it's an AAR .

View attachment 126386

View attachment 126387
i found the trans am tag today hauling the parts home. 😁

torredcuda

Reaction score
My dream car would be a four speed AAR but if I had a bench seat column auto I would have to leave it that way.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I think I would put it back to original considering the uniqueness of it and the amount of documentation you have. Have fun!

Back