• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bolt In Radiator Support (?)

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
There is substance in what the others are saying.you structure is already compromised. the USCT kit is just that it should be installed as a kit. I don,t know if you don't have a high hp or high TQ motor? if you don't have a lower core support you might want to buy it. It sound like you have the parts. As far as paint TCP it's not bad for the money. they sent me the first gallon and it was leaking.they sent me an other gallon ASAP! $ 250 gallon+$20 shipping.$109 QT+20 shipping. Tcp and other are not like the old enamel.I mix paint in the 70s. It seems thinner and seems to settle or separate quicker. keep stirring and swirling paint gun. primer can make a difference in coverage. time between coats. A little longer flash time.even an hour or 2. air pressure distance and gun speed and set up. A spray bomb can can even get the results you want. just don't lift your skirt and show your hairy legs. When you start place car so yo don't have to move it other than jacking up to level. Put tape on firewall and a mark. Take measurements follow top of inner fender firewall to front of core support. some where around 48 1/8 depends how you measure. When you cut spot welds you can do the inner panel from inside or outside. outside you can be more aggressive on the panel your replacing. center punch and use 1/8" bit to start to keep cutter from walking. finish clean spot weld of after panel is removed. Hardest part will be between bottom of inner fender and frame. Patience is key. meaning don't wait to the last minute to do it give yourself the time. It's not a good day unless you bleed! no just kidding.
Welding! putting this here to remind me latter what to tell you later.

Attachments

• 20191003_114016.jpg
    20191003_114016.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Dodge_Challenger_70_012_0845.JPG
    Dodge_Challenger_70_012_0845.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 114

SpiderHelix

Reaction score
There is substance in what the others are saying.you structure is already compromised. the USCT kit is just that it should be installed as a kit. I don,t know if you don't have a high hp or high TQ motor? if you don't have a lower core support you might want to buy it. It sound like you have the parts. As far as paint TCP it's not bad for the money. they sent me the first gallon and it was leaking.they sent me an other gallon ASAP! $ 250 gallon+$20 shipping.$109 QT+20 shipping. Tcp and other are not like the old enamel.I mix paint in the 70s. It seems thinner and seems to settle or separate quicker. keep stirring and swirling paint gun. primer can make a difference in coverage. time between coats. A little longer flash time.even an hour or 2. air pressure distance and gun speed and set up. A spray bomb can can even get the results you want. just don't lift your skirt and show your hairy legs. When you start place car so yo don't have to move it other than jacking up to level. Put tape on firewall and a mark. Take measurements follow top of inner fender firewall to front of core support. some where around 48 1/8 depends how you measure. When you cut spot welds you can do the inner panel from inside or outside. outside you can be more aggressive on the panel your replacing. center punch and use 1/8" bit to start to keep cutter from walking. finish clean spot weld of after panel is removed. Hardest part will be between bottom of inner fender and frame. Patience is key. meaning don't wait to the last minute to do it give yourself the time. It's not a good day unless you bleed! no just kidding.
Welding! putting this here to remind me latter what to tell you later.
Thanks for all the advice. Going to give it a try and replace the full upper and lower supports. BTW: I bought Dynacorn and it looks like good stuff.

Back