• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dakota digital VHX problem

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
Hey,

I have Dakota digital vhx system in my -70 challenger. I have tried to contact Dakota tech support but cant get an answer. So i try to Ask here and see if someone here can help me.

When i hold down the switch 1 and turn the ignition on, the setup menu is showing and i can fix all the different settings. But when i gonna do the speed calibration the car need to be running.

When i hold in switch 1 and turn the car on, it dosnt show the setup menu. It only says in the LCD screen ”set up speed cali”

Why does it only show the setup menu on ignition but not when i start the car? I have checked the wiring and i cant see any wrong there. I have followed the instructions and read it 100 times.

Maybe someone here knows why it dont work?

Thanks!

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like this is your issue, but unless you're getting the speed input via a CAN bus using a BIM module, make sure you haven't inadvertently selected BIM as the speed input. Auto cal won't be available

"Auto Cal (AUTO CAL) This option will be greyed out if SPEED -> INPUT -> BIM is selected. "
Not sure if Tim is still the tech guy for Dakota Digital, but he helped me a couple of years ago with a problem I was having. Really knowledgeable and quick to respond. Here's the contact info I have for him from our email exchange.

TJ Jorgenson
Tech Support
(605) 349-7062 DIRECT
My office hours: 8:30-5CST M-F
Business Hours: 8-5CST M-F

Dakota Digital, Inc.
4510 W. 61st St. North
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Phone: 1-605-332-6513
Fax: 1-605-339-4106
Email: TimJ@dakotadigital.com
www.dakotadigital.com

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like this is your issue, but unless you're getting the speed input via a CAN bus using a BIM module, make sure you haven't inadvertently selected BIM as the speed input. Auto cal won't be available

"Auto Cal (AUTO CAL) This option will be greyed out if SPEED -> INPUT -> BIM is selected. "
Not sure if Tim is still the tech guy for Dakota Digital, but he helped me a couple of years ago with a problem I was having. Really knowledgeable and quick to respond. Here's the contact info I have for him from our email exchange.

TJ Jorgenson
Tech Support
(605) 349-7062 DIRECT
My office hours: 8:30-5CST M-F
Business Hours: 8-5CST M-F

Dakota Digital, Inc.
4510 W. 61st St. North
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Phone: 1-605-332-6513
Fax: 1-605-339-4106
Email: TimJ@dakotadigital.com
www.dakotadigital.com
I gonna try and email him, i just think its strange that i can get into the setup mode when i hold the switch 1 and turn ignition on. But not when i start the car. Then it only says ”please set speed cali”.

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Maybe it wants you to put the car in neutral and push it for a mile without starting it... :)

Back