• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Evap charcoal canister and purge valve?

Quiny

Reaction score
I am installing a 2014 5.7 from a Chrysler 300 into a 1973 Cuda. I am using the Mopar harness and PCM kit. Has anyone used the purge system? I would rather not just have the tank vent to atmosphere or a charcoal canister that doesn't have a purge valve. How have some of you other guys handled it?

Katfish

Reaction score
No solution, but here's a bump
I've been venting mine to air, through the stock 4 port canister at the tank, then a line up to engine. I was planning to put in a stock charcoal canister, but decided against that. There's an evaporator control port on the manifold, might look into hooking it up there.

Quiny

Reaction score
No solution, but here's a bump
I've been venting mine to air, through the stock 4 port canister at the tank, then a line up to engine. I was planning to put in a stock charcoal canister, but decided against that. There's an evaporator control port on the manifold, might look into hooking it up there.
It looks like they make another engine wiring kit with cats and evap purge solenoid. It's way more expensive but the instructions list the parts needed. https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/77072453AG.pdf

Katfish

Reaction score
I wouldn't go to all that trouble.
Probably wouldn't be too hard to drill a small hole in the PCV fitting and epoxy a nipple to hook up the line from the tank.

Back