• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Garage find Barracuda photos

Supernaut

Reaction score
Picking up where I left off from my intro post, I stopped by the shop I bought my Barracuda out of last Friday. I asked the shop owner, and brother of deceased previous owner of my car, if he took any photos during the recovery of my car. He shared the attached photos with me and I wanted to share them here.
Incidentally, the PO was a mechanic at this same shop and I suspect my missing fender tag may be some where at the shop. I was allowed to look through the POs toolboxes which are still there however I didn't find it. Before I left I offered the guys working there a $100 cash reward for it. They assured me that if it's there, they'd find it!
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_1456 (1).JPG
74-2.JPG
74-3.JPG
74.JPG
74 sticker.JPG

Last edited:

JDMopar

Reaction score
That's going to be a beautiful car when you get it cleaned up! You probably already have done it, but check in the glove box, console and ash tray for the fender tag. If the VIN starts with BH23G4B, chances are you will be able to find a build sheet in it somewhere. If it is BH23G4E, very slim chance of finding a build sheet. With an E as the 7th letter in a VIN, that means the car was built in the Los Angeles plant, and they rarely ever left build sheets in cars. 7th letter of B meant it was built in Hamtramck plant and they always left build sheets in cars. Mostly in the back seat springs, on top of the glove box and in the back of the drivers side bucket seat. Sometimes under the carpet. Maybe the guys at the shop will find the tag for you. You certainly gave a nice/classy incentive!

:thumbsup:

Xcudame

Reaction score
Post some pics after you've just finish the initial cleanup! It's going to look great with green paint and that white vinyl top!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Finally!
I was wondering if we were gonna get some dusty pics of this car!
It looks like an emerald coming out of the dark! bling bling!!
That should shine up nice!! Even the vinyl top looks good enough to clean.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I read a story on the forums of a guy that was daily driving a car similar to this. He decided to restore it and found the fender tag up in the dash where it had slid down and been lost. Changed his direction with the car when he found that.

Supernaut

Reaction score
I found the (a) broadcast sheet last night beneath the drivers seat cushion. VIN matches to the car.
I painstakingly pieced it back together on an adhesive sheet. There was no sheet embedded in either cushion of the back seat. Is the decoding book available out there for $30 worth buying?

20240513_220443.jpg

Supernaut

Reaction score
Btw, this mounting bracket was placed beneath the glovebox. Before it gets tossed, I want to confirm it's not part of some long lost factory underdash accessory. If anyone has a damaged lower dash strip available so I may repair mine with a good section from yours, please please shoot me a message. I'm just looking to graft the missing piece back in to mine, not replace the entire strip. I see complete replacement lower dash panel prices are through the roof. Thanks!

20240510_054941.jpg

20240510_054916.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I read a story on the forums of a guy that was daily driving a car similar to this. He decided to restore it and found the fender tag up in the dash where it had slid down and been lost. Changed his direction with the car when he found that.
Found in the defroster duct?

NixDad

Reaction score
That underdash bracket looks like from one of those quickly removable aftermarket radio/tapedecks from the 80's. People thought it would eliminate someone breaking in the car and stealing the radio.

Xcudame

Reaction score
My opinion is any documentation (books, shop manuals, owner's manual, decoder books, MCC books, etc.) is great to have for these cars! Plus all the things that get posted in this forum. Never have too many resources materials!

heminut

Reaction score
That underdash bracket looks like from one of those quickly removable aftermarket radio/tapedecks from the 80's. People thought it would eliminate someone breaking in the car and stealing the radio.
Yup, those were sold back in the day to mount an underdash stereo and be able to quickly remove it from the car when not in use. There is another bracket that bolts to the top of the stereo to interface with that bracket. I had one at one time and it worked quite well.

Steve340

Reaction score
I found the decoding book was not that great. The most useful and free was a Charger site decoding section.
You can use the internet to find out most of the codes. Just search around.
Your car has the map light so it may have had the A01 Light Group.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I found the (a) broadcast sheet l

View attachment 123962
That is awesome! Not that common to find either.
Looks like it had a white vinyl top with a v6w white horizontal stripe.
I think it calls out road wheels as well.
Lots of other information about the car on this sheet.
You can have a new fender tag made correctly with this sheet.
SPD or A30 and VON of 231401

That is super cool to find that sheet and have the ability to reproduce a "correct" fender tag. Congratulations!!

mrmopar340

Reaction score
The bracket is for a Pioneer system I think. The KP500 and KP700 units from them had this so it could be easily removed. They were a high ticket item and theft was pretty common on them.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Just to mention it, if you found one sheet in the front seat there is still a good chance for another in the rear seat or elsewhere in the car.
Make high resolution copies of the sheet and put a new sheet back into each seat in the car. Under the carpet and taped to the back of the glove box. The next owner in 50 years will thank you.

Supernaut

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the input! I really appreciate it. The woman did in fact give me a set of old repro stripes for the car which date back to '92, I assume her late husband had intentions of reinstalling the stripes and I will as well.
I pulled this folding armrest out from between the seats tonight and found the underlying upholstery doesn't match the interior. I'm hoping this means it isn't original to the car, frankly its ugly and it just doesn't look right in there. Any ideas? It hooks into the rear bracket and secures in the front bracket with two 5/16" bolts. It looks factory but which factory is the question...
If it's not oem, it's up for grabs cheap!
20240514_203240.jpg
20240514_203252.jpg
20240514_203313.jpg
20240514_203334.jpg

Back