• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 grill does not fit headlight bezel

sysinit2600

Reaction score
Have a 1974 challenger I bought front clip for 1970 fenders headlight bezels and grill. There is an issue does not seem like it fits see pictures. All new parts did they send wrong year headlight bezel they look like the ones on site for 1970

Thanks

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4578.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

terrywalker

Reaction score
What I see is the grille is not going all the way over to the fender. The hole at the end of the grille should bolt to the metal ear on the fender with the hole in it. It almost looks like either the fender needs to move in towards the driver's side or the grille needs to shift to the passenger's side about an inch. That is the correct bezel for the 1970 grille.
Terry W.

sysinit2600

Reaction score
What I see is the grille is not going all the way over to the fender. The hole at the end of the grille should bolt to the metal ear on the fender with the hole in it. It almost looks like either the fender needs to move in towards the driver's side or the grille needs to shift to the passenger's side about an inch. That is the correct bezel for the 1970 grille.
Terry W.
It’s seems to not even fit when I have it off the vehicle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
You also have to use the 1970-71 Challenger bumper brackets to tuck the bumper in closer to cover up the bottom edge of the grille and there are rubber corner pieces that fit in the "V" ends of the bumper to cover up where the bezel meets the grille. The front bumper covers up the grille almost to the step on the bottom of the grille. Take a look at a 1970 front grille installed on a car. Your bumper needs to go back a couple of inches. Unfortunately I don't have the 70 grille installed on my car yet. Someone here can show you a photo of their car. You won't see where the bottom corner of the bezel meets the end corner of the grille.

Terry W.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The grille looks wrong on the ends to me, definitely need some reference photos.

Back