• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger Door Regulator

terrywalker

Reaction score
I found that each of the doors on the Challenger won't roll up properly due to the regulator sliders that go in the widow track are broken. I have new sliders but have a couple of questions for those who have replaced them. It looks easy enough to grind off the flattened metal peg that holds the slider into the arm to remove the broken one. Once the new slider is installed, how have those of you who have replaced them flattened the peg so it stays in the arm? With a center punch or...? As long as I'm this far, I'm going to replace the plastic parts. You can see the white new slider in the photos. Thanks for any information. See photos.
Terry W.

Door Regulator Slider 1.jpg

Door Regulator Slider 2.jpg

Door Regulator Sliders.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
No responses, so...
I bit the bullet and replaced the slider piece myself taking it slow. I ground off the peened over peg on the old slider and removed it by lightly tapping with a punch and hammer. It came out easy. I installed the new slider/peg into the arm and laid the plastic side down on a 1/2" steel plate so as not to break the new slider plastic piece. With the peg up, I used a center punch and using a ball peen hammer, I lightly punched a mark in the center of the peg. I then used the ball peen hammer (ball side) and sharply tapped on the peg several times. This mushroomed the peg tightly in the arm. I continued to peen the peg over until it was a rounded hump covering the entire hole in the arm. It is very snug now.
Terry W.

Regulator Window Slider 3.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I would have suggested putting them in boiling water before putting them on. But just seen this. Don't know if it would help.

Back