• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR resto

don selleck

Reaction score
Noticing alot of pressure on the rear casters, ended up going another route, put together one of two gantry cranes today, pretty heavy duty to harbor
20240924_150039.jpg
freight

don selleck

Reaction score
Don, I like those lighting strips you have on your lift. Is that an LED tape down type?
yep cheap on amazon got one for each side just measure the length they are coming loose, been pretty rough on them, will use them for painting also then probably replace, and silicone the new one's in place unless I can clean them and get the paint off of them

Last edited:

don selleck

Reaction score
Nice looking fish, look forward to seeing this progress. Good job!
right color too
thanks, finished up the other gantry crane, went over the under for any more undercoating residual, taped off most of the holes. going to double secure going to wipe the rest of any oils I can find. need to cram some blankets etc. around wheel tub and go thru some more protection to slow down infiltration of the stuff I will be finding for years to come. :lol: blast off scheduled for friday morning.

don selleck

Reaction score
well got everything hooked up raised and crossed braced some straps to keep the car from swaying, had 15mph wind gusts, car was very stable. plan was working well got first frame rail done and my compressor puked :BangHead:. About 3 months ago a line blew off after some construction adjustment and it ran for 10 hrs. it got hot but changed the oil and seemed to be working fine, the added stress of the sand blaster did her in.
20240927_100009.jpg
20240927_103308.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Damn! Isn’t that how it goes! Oh well, time for another one. I know the feeling all to well. Hang in there and keep sharing. 👍🏻

don selleck

Reaction score
thats what I envisioned, getting old makes you wanna do things as easy as possible harbour freight gantry cranes

Back