• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E body new dash pad option availability

Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with legendary Auto interior dash pads but I will tell you that some of the brands out there are made with ABS cores. As far as I know just dashes and ABC moparts are the two that refurbish dash pads and have a steel core. A steel core is preferable to avoid any potential warpage from extreme heat . Some have reported that ABS cores can have some vibration while driving.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with changing a dash pad in place but from my understanding it can be done but the front four screws require some creative use of I'm extensions and swivels. I decided to refurbish my entire dash so I pulled it. I was surprised how easy it was. When the steering column down it was a matter of literally four screws in the front the two nuts on the side and disconnecting the fuse box heater cable wires in a couple of vacuum hoses. Once you have the dash out it's nice because you can go through and fix wires and light bulbs etc. I've included a couple of pictures of my dash frame mounted to the jig.

View attachment 129093

View attachment 129094
Thanks. That looks like you are doing OK with some daunting work. Also, classic looking Cuda you have there!

Back