• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

advice on upcoming body work

pschlosser

Reaction score
OEM metal in good shape is getting harder to find, but the repop stuff can be really good, these days. I like using the AMD stuff when I can.

Last edited:

VAEeng

Reaction score
OEM metal in good shape is getting harder to find, but the repop stuff is really good, these days. I like using the AMD stuff when I can.
Thanks for the feedback! I have got some mixed signals, some people say the new stuff is good and others say the repop stuff is "thinner" than the old stuff. Good to know you are having good luck with repop.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Nothing is better than OEM, but ADM is probably the best you're going to find. Be aware you might need to spend some time making it fit properly. But less time than other sheet metal companies.

brotow

Reaction score
New AMD passengers fender 1970-71 Challenger, AMD told me "their all like that". Drivers side was fine

274901984_4960696137347494_8617017700641660542_n.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
And ADM is most likely correct. Nothing better than OEM. But ADM is out best option now in most cases. Sigh!

JDMopar

Reaction score
AMD metal is actually thicker than original metal. You may have to make adjustments if they were made later in runs, due to stamping die wear. Beats the hell outta fixing rusty original stuff! Most of the really good original metal was hoarded up or used by the mid 90's. Luckily, you are fixing an E body. You can just about build a Challenger with new metal out of an AMD catalog, but if you're doing an A body, you can get a set of valve covers and a gas cap! 🤯

Back