• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Autometer gauge dash-kit

KlsCuda

Reaction score
Hi All,

Very new to this forum maybe this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything. I've had my Cuda for about 2 months and trying to plan out some upgrades. I was wondering if anyone has used the complete gauge dash-kit from Autometer. One of the things I like out this is it includes the left side piece that hold headlight, wiper, dimmer switch. As mine isn't in great shape I need to replace/repair it anyway.

scar426

Reaction score
Hi All,

Very new to this forum maybe this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything. I've had my Cuda for about 2 months and trying to plan out some upgrades. I was wondering if anyone has used the complete gauge dash-kit from Autometer. One of the things I like out this is it includes the left side piece that hold headlight, wiper, dimmer switch. As mine isn't in great shape I need to replace/repair it anyway.

[/URL]
I have it in my car (came with it). not too bad looking, but......If you need to work on or replace one of those switches, you're most likely going to need to remove the entire dash. I couldn't figure out how to remove the assembly to get to my switches otherwise.

KlsCuda

Reaction score
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of maintenance on it later.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Have you looked into the Dakota Digital RTX gauges? They look just like original.

IMG_8103.jpeg

KlsCuda

Reaction score
I am looking at Dakota as well. My "panels" that cover the gauges are in rough shape. So I'll need to replace them as well.. the autometer ones come with that, not just gauges, so im just thinking about all my options.

thanks for the suggestion.

Tig

Reaction score
I am looking at Dakota as well. My "panels" that cover the gauges are in rough shape. So I'll need to replace them as well.. the autometer ones come with that, not just gauges, so im just thinking about all my options.

thanks for the suggestion.
The "panels" aren't that expensive. The dakota gauge has a lot more features and is expandable with add ons eg O2 sensors etc, it's also able to interface with many aftermarket efi systems. Hopefully one day it will interface with a racepak.

Dashday.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
I did a quick search on eBay regarding the switch panel. There are differences between years, but see the results in the link below.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd get one of the switch panels off eBay and go with the Dakota dash if I needed a new one.

Back