• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

DASH PAD FACTORY -EBAY “DASHPADSTX” ALAN FOXX AND ALANA -SCAM - THIEVES

Hemisurfer

Reaction score
BEWARE OF THESE BUSINESSES THEY PROVIDE AN UNACCEPTABLY POOR PRODUCT AND STEAL MONEY AND WILL NOT RETURN IT, SEE BELOW FOR MY UNFORTUNATE ENCOUNTER WITH THESE SCAMMERS.

Met Alan Foxx at the Garlits show in 2023 on November 4th. His company was Dash Pad Factory and had an example of one of his dash pads on display which was very nice. It was correct for my car, and I needed one to complete a restoration. I offered to purchase it, but he would not sell it, he did offer to manufacture one for me but required cash up front.

Despite my concerns and some knowledge of his poor reputation after speaking with him I decided to take a chance and placed an order with his company. I was provided an estimated delivery date of late January or February of 2024. I agreed and the deal was completed, a receipt provided which I still have.

The delivery date of January and the February passed without delivery. After numerous phone calls and messages over the next few months. I finally received the promised dash pad at the end of June 2024, 8 months after placing my order.

The pad was obviously defective and poorly constructed. Serious flaws all over the pad. At one point Alana (his daughter?) had explained to me that the temperature in Texas was causing issues and that she was constructing the pads in their garage. I sent photos of the poor workmanship to Alan and requested a return. He agreed to refund my money but first required the return of the pad, he also said if it was not packed well and if there was damage, he would not issue a refund. Keep in mind that this showed up from his company in a flimsy box with literally one small sheet of bubble wrap.

I ended up purchasing more bubble wrap and returned the pad to Alan with detailed photos taken prior to shipping because of the many broken promises and lies told to me during prior conversations with Alan and Alana. The cost of shipping this was significant, more than 200 dollars by the time I was done.
After receiving the pad from me Alan offered to make me another pad. After waiting 8 months for the first pad, I had contacted another company (ABC Moparts) and told him I just wanted a refund. I should have requested a refund for the cost of shipping the pad back to Alan but at this point it wasn’t worth having the conversation with him since he had already proven to be a disreputable liar. I was told the refund would be issued by the middle of July. After missing this date Alan then communicated that he had bills to pay and the refund would be issued at the end of July. Again another broken promise, Alan stated that he was still financially challenged and had more bills and it would be August 9th after he went to the Mopar Nationals at National Trail Raceway (apparently to collect money from fresh victims) before I would get my refund.

On August 11, I received 1 dollar through Venmo from Alan and Alana. This was characterized in their notes as a test payment. Alana called me and left a message for me to call back. After many calls to Alan and Alana they have apparently decided to ghost me and steal my money.

It was mistake for trusting these shady individuals and I have accepted that they have stolen my money. The endless phone calls and messages required to get them to meet their promises was absolutely infuriating. Sending this as a warning to anyone that chooses to business with these people. They do business under the name Dash Pad Factory and as DashPadsTX on Ebay.

They are blatantly dishonest and should be avoided at all costs. They will refuse to use Paypal as a payment method, my guess is because they know that if you send a business payment through Paypal you have recourse if they don’t deliver and can get a refund. They strictly will attempt to use Venmo or Zelle for payments since you have no recourse if you send them cash through these apps.

As a side note I contacted ABC Moparts as mentioned and they delivered a very nice dash pad to me within two weeks of contacting them without any drama.

Lesson learned, look up Alan Foxx and Mopar dash pads on the internet from what is documented he has been victimizing people since 2014. BUYER BEWARE.

Last edited:

Deezel

Reaction score
I've read so many stories like yours that sometimes I wonder if I even bought my dash pad through the same company.

My experience with Dash Pad Pros was fantastic. No concerns at all from them using Paypal. They actually sent me an invoice through Paypal.
Sent my dash frame down to them and very quickly got my core charge back.
Under 7 weeks later, I had a perfect dash pad in my possession. When I ordered, they had said it would take 8 weeks.
From order to delivery, everything went off without any issues.
I never did deal with Alan or Alana though. I only dealt with someone named Tim.

Hemisurfer

Reaction score
I've read so many stories like yours that sometimes I wonder if I even bought my dash pad through the same company.

My experience with Dash Pad Pros was fantastic. No concerns at all from them using Paypal. They actually sent me an invoice through Paypal.
Sent my dash frame down to them and very quickly got my core charge back.
Under 7 weeks later, I had a perfect dash pad in my possession. When I ordered, they had said it would take 8 weeks.
From order to delivery, everything went off without any issues.
I never did deal with Alan or Alana though. I only dealt with someone named Tim.
Alan and Alana were adamant that they could not use PayPal for the reasons I described. My guess is that perhaps you were dealing with a different manager/owner at the time. Whatever the case Dash Pad Factory is actively managed by Alan and his daughter Alana and they are dishonest. I would recommend contacting Bob at ABC Moparts, recent experience was fantastic. I changed the post to Dash Pad Factory I cannot prove an association with the company you mentioned error corrected.

Deezel

Reaction score
It was in May of 2023. Like I mentioned, I never dealt with Alan or Alana, maybe that's the difference?

I actually tried contacting Bob at ABC but never did get any sort of reply. I found out after that it's best to pick up the phone and call, rather than through email.

Katfish

Reaction score
Unfortunately your situation isn't uncommon with Dash Pros, or whatever they call themselves. Big red flag when a company has changed names more often than they change their underwear.
People need to search web, and be forewarned of others experience.
Sorry you had to go through all that.

See this thread:

Factory Dash Pads - Options

Last edited:

Hemisurfer

Reaction score
Unfortunately your situation isn't uncommon with Dash Pros, or whatever they call themselves. Big red flag when a company has changed names more often than they change their underwear.
People need to search web, and be forewarned of others experience.
Sorry you had to go through all that.

See this thread:

Factory Dash Pads - Options
Apparently they do business as The Dash Pad Factory, Dash Pad Pros, Ultimate Rides, and the eBay seller DashpadsTX all under the ownership of Alan Foxx. They should be organized under one dash pad conglomerate called Dewy, Cheatem, and How.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I hate scam artists like that. I looked them up their ID on eBay and they have some negative feedback complaining about Alana.

wayne970

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I hate scam artists like that. I looked them up their ID on eBay and they have some negative feedback complaining about Alana.
I just send a pad to ultimate rides paid the 101 dollar shipping and they won't send me the money for the pad or the shipping. How do they stay in business.

BSG

Reaction score
BEWARE OF THESE BUSINESSES THEY PROVIDE AN UNACCEPTABLY POOR PRODUCT AND STEAL MONEY AND WILL NOT RETURN IT, SEE BELOW FOR MY UNFORTUNATE ENCOUNTER WITH THESE SCAMMERS.

Met Alan Foxx at the Garlits show in 2023 on November 4th. His company was Dash Pad Factory and had an example of one of his dash pads on display which was very nice. It was correct for my car, and I needed one to complete a restoration. I offered to purchase it, but he would not sell it, he did offer to manufacture one for me but required cash up front.

Despite my concerns and some knowledge of his poor reputation after speaking with him I decided to take a chance and placed an order with his company. I was provided an estimated delivery date of late January or February of 2024. I agreed and the deal was completed, a receipt provided which I still have.

The delivery date of January and the February passed without delivery. After numerous phone calls and messages over the next few months. I finally received the promised dash pad at the end of June 2024, 8 months after placing my order.

The pad was obviously defective and poorly constructed. Serious flaws all over the pad. At one point Alana (his daughter?) had explained to me that the temperature in Texas was causing issues and that she was constructing the pads in their garage. I sent photos of the poor workmanship to Alan and requested a return. He agreed to refund my money but first required the return of the pad, he also said if it was not packed well and if there was damage, he would not issue a refund. Keep in mind that this showed up from his company in a flimsy box with literally one small sheet of bubble wrap.

I ended up purchasing more bubble wrap and returned the pad to Alan with detailed photos taken prior to shipping because of the many broken promises and lies told to me during prior conversations with Alan and Alana. The cost of shipping this was significant, more than 200 dollars by the time I was done.
After receiving the pad from me Alan offered to make me another pad. After waiting 8 months for the first pad, I had contacted another company (ABC Moparts) and told him I just wanted a refund. I should have requested a refund for the cost of shipping the pad back to Alan but at this point it wasn’t worth having the conversation with him since he had already proven to be a disreputable liar. I was told the refund would be issued by the middle of July. After missing this date Alan then communicated that he had bills to pay and the refund would be issued at the end of July. Again another broken promise, Alan stated that he was still financially challenged and had more bills and it would be August 9th after he went to the Mopar Nationals at National Trail Raceway (apparently to collect money from fresh victims) before I would get my refund.

On August 11, I received 1 dollar through Venmo from Alan and Alana. This was characterized in their notes as a test payment. Alana called me and left a message for me to call back. After many calls to Alan and Alana they have apparently decided to ghost me and steal my money.

It was mistake for trusting these shady individuals and I have accepted that they have stolen my money. The endless phone calls and messages required to get them to meet their promises was absolutely infuriating. Sending this as a warning to anyone that chooses to business with these people. They do business under the name Dash Pad Factory and as DashPadsTX on Ebay.

They are blatantly dishonest and should be avoided at all costs. They will refuse to use Paypal as a payment method, my guess is because they know that if you send a business payment through Paypal you have recourse if they don’t deliver and can get a refund. They strictly will attempt to use Venmo or Zelle for payments since you have no recourse if you send them cash through these apps.

As a side note I contacted ABC Moparts as mentioned and they delivered a very nice dash pad to me within two weeks of contacting them without any drama.

Lesson learned, look up Alan Foxx and Mopar dash pads on the internet from what is documented he has been victimizing people since 2014. BUYER BEWARE.
I bought and paid for 2 up front after seeing a dash at the spring fling. I was in no hurry so I said get em done and I'll pick them up at the fall fling. I'll keep it short, needless to say they were pos. plain and simple. as a matter of fact the one I was taking out of my 73 had a small blister right above the cluster it bothered me so I wanted to replace it. The one they brought me was garbage I mean I could not believe these people could stand there and try and sell that stuff. Dad wasn't there & left his daughter there I'm sure to keep the violence to a minimum. I gave her my toned down version of my disappointment and waited till Monday to get my money back from pay pal on the one and wells Fargo on the other. They did some kind of fraud on the pay pal one and it took a minute for Pay Pal to figure it out, but they did. I truly believe these people have the ability to do them right they just choose not to. They are shysters' at best, thieves at worst either way they suck. Trust the reviews I hate to leave negative reviews but these people have it coming and then some.

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Apparently they do business as The Dash Pad Factory, Dash Pad Pros, Ultimate Rides, and the eBay seller DashpadsTX all under the ownership of Alan Foxx. They should be organized under one dash pad conglomerate called Dewy, Cheatem, and How.
:rofl:

Sorry to hear about your experience, but glad to hear the ABC Moparts is still making E-Body dashpads and was able to get you a nice pad.

72 blue 400

Reaction score
bought a pad from them a couple years ago,same song and dance,poor communication,promised delivery dates,and had to do a bunch of trimming just to get the light bar to fit in the pad.stay away from el paso texas for any dash pads

me70e

Reaction score

You are so right. Alana stole from me last year about this time. How can they continue to do this? And yes, Bob at ABC Moparts helped me out also! Great guy!

Katfish

Reaction score
How do you ship this out? There was NO damage to the shipping box.
The only thing that saved me was that I bought through a group buy, and the dealer fought along with me to not get screwed.
The picture looks MUCH better than it actually was.
Paid for metal frame and they sent this plastic piece of crap.
https://postimg.cc/4nVqS7wt][/url]

Last edited:

terrywalker

Reaction score
So, I have to ask this question. If he shows up at the shows with good dash pads, why not have your receipt and take the ones he has there. It seems like if there's multiple people there with receipts and no pads, then the police would either arrest him for theft, or let you take the pads on display. An a/c pad is better than no pad even if my car doesn't have a/c. The show organizers should not allow him to display at the shows until he produces the goods paid for.
Terry W..

heminut

Reaction score
I live an hour and a half from them and got a dash pad from them for my 70 Cuda. I dealt with them face to face and personally picked the pad up when it was done. It was a pretty nice pad, but was a couple of weeks longer getting it than they stated. I also had to do some trimming myself around where the lightbar goes, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. They knew that I was going to pickit up and personally lay hands on it and inspect it when I did so, so that may be why I got a good pad.

As for Alana saying they were working out of their garage, that is total B.S., they work out of a big metal building on the east side of El Paso a few blocks off of Montana Ave.

Hemisurfer

Reaction score
Great so they only steal from customers who aren’t local I guess that makes them great people. Bottom line they stole my money and sent me a pad that was garbage which they admitted and agreed to refund and never did. As far as working out if their garage Alannah said it so I will just add that to the list of lies I was told by these crooks.

hdwrench

Reaction score
i understand life happens but this (these) stories are to conflicting ! life can not be this disruptive to have so many inconsistencies. i need a dash pad now but learn from our collective experiences i have decided only to buy one in person. thank you all for the education!

Hemisurfer

Reaction score
I cannot say it enough the two clowns at The Dash Pad Factory, Dash Pad Pros, Ultimate Rides, DashpadsTX on eBay and whatever they call themselves in the future are dishonest and have a long history of dishonest business practices they are Alan Foxx and his daughter Alannah Bryant. Alan can be researched online and it proves he has been in law suits and claims of deception and taking money without delivering an acceptable product going all the way back to 2002. I should have done my research before doing business with him. Look it up if you’re curious he’s currently in El Pado TX. If you want a nice dash pad in a reasonable amount of time Bob at ABC Moparts would be my recommendation he manufactured a very nice pad and delivered it to me in 2 and half weeks. Just inspected it again at the shop this weekend far superior and nothing like the crap that was sent to me by Alan and Alannah. Bob was also professional and accepts normal payment options like PayPal and Credit Cards that give you some protections if there is a dispute unlike The Dash Pad Factory.

Back