• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hagerty or Grundy??

mjb765

Reaction score
Been with Hagerty a long time and just realized that the price has crept up (like everything else) over the years. Compared it to Grundy and Hagerty is 30% higher. What's everybody using and anybody have negative experience with Grundy?? Hagerty has been fine for the one claim I had years ago, but it may be time for a change.

Thoughts??

mjb765

Reaction score
I have State Farm. It's insured to an agreed value of $40,000 for $254 per year as a "classic".
Never even considered State Farm..I have my cars and house with them. Didn't know they did collector car....their quote was $300/yr so they made it to the short list. American Collector Car was $445/yr.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
American Collector Car was $445/yr.
Holy moly, I’m through American Collector too, mines half that for a 69 Charger, agreed valued at $38,000.

What’s your agreed value?

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
When we had tornado warnings, that insurance paid to have my car moved to higher ground.

One of few

Reaction score
American Collector Car - might have to look into this one. Hagerty for my 70 SE is about $200 per month, but the payout value falls a little short of the appraisal value.

9503EDF8-9B17-454A-BF8F-91A6CC0445D5.jpeg

mjb765

Reaction score
$200 a month???? WOW.......I was complaining about $600 a year. and now I am getting quotes in the 3-400 range.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Grundy for many years now. It was considerably lower than Hagerty and none of the restrictions/limitations.

Matt M

Reaction score
When we had tornado warnings, that insurance paid to have my car moved to higher ground.
I grew up in Iowa, the last place I wanted to be when a tornado was coming was on high ground!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I grew up in Iowa, the last place I wanted to be when a tornado was coming was on high ground!
I’m at 5000 feet above sea level, we’ve never had a tornado here. I live in the high desert.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I have State Farm on my 70 Challenger with the agreed upon price. With all the other cars I own and the house and property insured through State Farm, they give me a fleet discount! Six vehicles not counting the Wife's and Son's so I can't be driving all them at once! Plus I don't put a lot of miles on any of my vehicles now. Start Farm offers a discount for miles driven. I'm not putting more than 10,000 miles a year on any of the six vehicles.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Long story short. I was with one insurance for 50+ years on and off, mostly on. Same local company my father was with and same name only JR. When calling they had to make sure what account to address. One time we went in to change a few thing on one of our house accounts, They pulled out a stack of documents a foot high.
So anyhow a few years back they were retiring and they were bought by a bigger Co. Things really went wrong. They were not doing the automatic payments and we would get cancellation notices. With thee houses and six cars on the road, what a pain.

The final straw was when they came some time and took pictures. They contacted me and said there was a dead tree in front of the garage and it had to be removed. It was sometime in DEC or JAN they took the pictures of a deciduous tree. Just could seem to explain that to them. The other thing was we were removing are son from our insurance. He moved 4 years ago. It was only a few dollars for him to be on. They wanted to see his change of address of on his licenses and a utility bill. Last time I spoke with them I told them that is his privet information. I said I'll be calling you back to cancel coverage. I changed to Progressive and no problems. They lost out on $4000 in premiums. They sent us premium notices for a year or more and calling us.

So anyhow I applied for a quote at American Collector for a $65k agreed value it was $605. They call me the next day and said there system put unlimited mileage as a default. They re quoted the premium at $50k @ $354.23. They said If want 65k they want pictures. I said that will be no problem I just want a basic quote for now. I know I will be changing shortly.
Sorry if it is a bit long. The more we are informed the better choices we make.

challenger insuance.png

Last edited:

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I have Hagerty with 4 cars:
2010 Challenger - $30K
1974 Duster - $25K
1989 Iroc - $25K
1971 Cuda - $200K
$1,425 per year.

mjb765

Reaction score
I have State Farm on my 70 Challenger with the agreed upon price. With all the other cars I own and the house and property insured through State Farm, they give me a fleet discount! Six vehicles not counting the Wife's and Son's so I can't be driving all them at once! Plus I don't put a lot of miles on any of my vehicles now. Start Farm offers a discount for miles driven. I'm not putting more than 10,000 miles a year on any of the six vehicles.
Ever have a claim with State Farm??

Back