• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to E bodies

Jack0817

Reaction score
Long time Mopar enthusiast . All of my experience has been with B bodies and Hellcats, zero experience with E bodies, so I figured I would start here. I located a 1970 Challenger convertible, 318, 3 speed, almost no options, complete car. It has been sitting for 40 years. Rotted trunk, floors, quarter panels,convertible top was used as a trampoline, mice ate the interior. Not sure about the integrity of the torsion bar mounts. Will need to be winched on to a trailer. Any idea what it is worth? I am thinking it would be a good candidate for a resto mod. I am thinking 3k tops? Am I correct? Or way off? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Anything under $10K would be a good price for a complete convertible needing a lot of metal work. I'm not a resto-mod fan, but that is an option for some.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Lots of commonality between B and E bodies. All E-bodies are rare and convertibles are even rarer. Luckily they make a ton of sheet metal for E-bodies!

mrmopar340

Reaction score
JH27's are rare. It would be a good project to save one. Probably a load of money to do it but riding in it afterwards will be priceless.

Welcome in. Waving from Virginia.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_5970.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! I love the convertibles. Get it as cheap as possible. Hard to put any number on it without seeing it. I passed on some for 700 bucks in the late 70’s that just needed motors.
Big mistake.
Glad you’re here and good luck.

One of few

Reaction score
For that price, it might be worth jumping on - these old E Body project cars are only going up in price, and that’s when you can find a good candidate. Welcome, and good luck!

JDMopar

Reaction score
If all of the convertible specific parts are there and intact enough to use, the VIN tag and partial VIN's aren't rotted off of it, the rest of it can be built out of an AMD catalog. If you could get it for a $3K price in 2024....you'd better grab it and run like a mofo!

Back