• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hood hinge issue for my '70 Challenger power bulge (sport) hood

Xcudame

Reaction score
It might be time to buy the correct driver's side hood hinge from one of the numerous suppliers and try it. If adjusted properly, a good hinge will solve the problem. Either you have the wrong hinge, it is worn out or not properly adjusted. There is no other option.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I guess it was riveted in a different position because it's a shorter bar.

both hinges.jpg

70SunFun

Reaction score
It might be time to buy the correct driver's side hood hinge from one of the numerous suppliers and try it. If adjusted properly, a good hinge will solve the problem. Either you have the wrong hinge, it is worn out or not properly adjusted. There is no other option.
Thanks, and I agree. I don't think the hinge is worn out because it was NOS, still had the sticker on it, and was unpainted. Probably need to buy the correct driver's side hinge as you suggested.

70SunFun

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who offered tips and suggestions on my driver's side hood hinge. I adjusted it per the suggestions of you and the hood is level with the fender but only pops up about 1/4" now when I hit a bump in the road. So it's way less than the 3/4" before! I can still grab the rear of the hood and move it about 1/4" which it shouldn't be able to be moved by hand but I'll live with the slightly raised hood issue. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back