• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash flickering intermittent starting

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That's were they are saying to tie the start and run together. The brown and dark blue. ign 1 and ign 2.That's back to a Bad connection?

flamesoldier

Reaction score
That's were they are saying to tie the start and run together. The brown and dark blue. ign 1 and ign 2.That's back to a Bad connection?
This is how its wired red coming out of msd and blue together on one side, and green voltage regulator and brown together on otherside. Is this correct?

IMG_9839.jpeg

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Have full magentic green and violet jumper test spark all the way to plug. Distributor magnetic pickup is good coil is good msd is good getting 12v switch power to accomplish this in the switch on. Not receiving spark cranking. Ignition switch bad? Is the end game ?
IMG_9853.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
By testing the column plug and it looks good. There is a bulkhead connector that it goes through. no 1 in the diagram 2 would be column connector. I still think there is a bad connection or bad wire. The diagram is in general. Yours would now have 1-2 ing wire jumped together.
The point I was making would be to hot wire the car by bypassing all the winging under the hood. And leave it temporary. Then you know for sure it is the wiring. The problem with testing and then not doing anything physical to tighten connections there is more of a chance of erratic problem coming up. The ing sw goes through electrical and mechanical cycles. I would say it is more pron to failed.
1716150776809.jpeg

1716150776809.jpeg
column plug and it looks good. There is a bulkhead connector that it goes through.

flamesoldier

Reaction score
By testing the column plug and it looks good. There is a bulkhead connector that it goes through. no 1 in the diagram 2 would be column connector. I still think there is a bad connection or bad wire. The diagram is in general. Yours would now have 1-2 ing wire jumped together.
The point I was making would be to hot wire the car by bypassing all the winging under the hood. And leave it temporary. Then you know for sure it is the wiring. The problem with testing and then not doing anything physical to tighten connections there is more of a chance of erratic problem coming up. The ing sw goes through electrical and mechanical cycles. I would say it is more pron to failed.
View attachment 124226
View attachment 124226column plug and it looks good. There is a bulkhead connector that it goes through.
I checked the bulk head for IGN 1 brown and IGN 2 blue-whitetrace and they have switched power

flamesoldier

Reaction score
@Challenger RTA i finally figure it out after 3 days, it was the distributor, the magnetic pickup wasnt properly adjusted. I fixed it and fires up at a snap of a finger

Adam

Reaction score
The way I resoled that problem was to use a pointed object. like to point of a test probe and expand the male connector. Then if need be use a small needle nose plyers or screw driver the close up the female connector. Dielectric grease will help reduce corrosion and aid in connecting and disconnecting. The picture that I posted, that's what I did.
Update for me. Thanks Challenger RTA! I used a small probe to expand the connectors and this seems to have solved my problem.

Back