• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

fuse box wiring question

KlsCuda

Reaction score
ok guys .. I assume this is not correct but wanted to check in with everyone here.

1970 Cuda factory rallye dash car. Previous owner must has swapped the dash during a restoration .. because the dash/gauges are from 72-74 (has the trip reset and clock set knobs in the dial). Anyway yesterday parking lights, clock and tach stopped working.. after checking around a bit I found a blown fuse .. bottom left I circled labeled Misc. Also notice it had a 15A fuse in there and the fuse box says 20A.. replaced the blown 15A with a 20A and everything came back on.

Car is new to me .. only had it a few months and I had suspected that a lot of the wiring was hacked.

Confirm for me that those 3 items are not normally wired together and not to that fuse on the box?

Thanks everyone for always helping out!

20240627_172232[1].jpg

KlsCuda

Reaction score
I'll do that, thanks.. problem I'm having is I think the wiring with the gauges is from 72 and it's been spliced into the 70 wiring from the fuse block.

I'll dig into the manual and the car and hopefully sort out what's connected to what.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
2nd picture bottom right. Pink and red wire are the misc fused circuit. There is a yellow plug in the picture and that is what you are looking for but red. If hooked up right, would be things like. The cigarette lighter, map light,glove box light, door sw, dome light and maybe some others. Start with checking them.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This is a 72 - 74 cluster. Electrically the 70-74 rally are the same. Do you know if it was it a standard cluster to start?

20200213_224917.jpg

KlsCuda

Reaction score
Thanks that's helpful

Originally a rallye cluster but was replaced with a 72-74 version.

I think I've got a handle on it now.

Thanks again for the assist!

Back