• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Baracuda Restomod Begins

heminut

Reaction score
Congratulations! I can't say as I'm all that surprised though, from the time you posted the first pictures of your finished car I have felt it looked amazing! The blacked out chrome 'european' look isn't for everybody but I love it. :thumbsup:

TNTCASH

Reaction score
I was curious if you had any youtube vids on your conversion? caught a few pics on this site. I'm switching gears, lol, direction and going to sell the TR606 and go with the 8 speed auto. Do you know if there is any advantage of using the truck version of the 8speed vs the car version?

I've got a '71 'Cuda numbers matched 340 auto and don't want to cut this thing up for the TR6060. I have the Holley Blackheart gen3 swap kit for it already. also getting ready to install USCT stage 3 kit on her. Looks like I'll need the B body support bracket? I've got a '18 6.4l ready to go in.

From what you have posted, very slight mods on tunnel. I'll cut the floor and install a 4 speed tunnel, that I can live with.

Congrats on the trophies too!

thx
Looking forward to your responses.
Tim

SFEbody

Reaction score
I was curious if you had any youtube vids on your conversion? caught a few pics on this site. I'm switching gears, lol, direction and going to sell the TR606 and go with the 8 speed auto. Do you know if there is any advantage of using the truck version of the 8speed vs the car version?

I've got a '71 'Cuda numbers matched 340 auto and don't want to cut this thing up for the TR6060. I have the Holley Blackheart gen3 swap kit for it already. also getting ready to install USCT stage 3 kit on her. Looks like I'll need the B body support bracket? I've got a '18 6.4l ready to go in.

From what you have posted, very slight mods on tunnel. I'll cut the floor and install a 4 speed tunnel, that I can live with.

Congrats on the trophies too!

thx
Looking forward to your responses.
Tim
Sorry but I am old school and did not make any videos. Can help if you have questions as the build is actually quite simple

SFEbody

Reaction score
Ok, Hope everyone had an amazing summer. Wanted to update all on my restomod build. 💲💲💲. I just finshed putting the Wilwood 6 piston brakes on the front. Wow what a difference. Also wrapped up the Vintage air system, very nice product BTW..just finished the Nu-relic power window conversion and Next up....... SEW CAL RODS in Ontario California do a digital scan of my interior to build a custom 3D printed floor console that will house the electric shifter, push to start button, power window buttons, 11" touch screen stereo/GPS/Backup cam. Also have them doing custom covering on my door panels with legendary 338 Bright blue coachman material to match the seats. All should be finished in a couple more weeks hopefully in time for the Fall Fling in Van Nuys,.

IMG_1645.jpeg

Last edited:

SFEbody

Reaction score
Sew Cal Rods in Ontario CA started to 3D print my floor console frame. (1st section of 3 in the picture) They digitally scanned the interior of the Cuda for designing the console. I cant wait to see it finished with the installation of the 11" screen for the Stereo/GPS, midrange and tweeter speakers, Back up camera display, Push to start and power window buttons. Also bought seat material (B5) from Legendary to cover the front and back door panels and have a 3D printed trim piece going in the 1/2" grove of the door panels.

74966665245__cb04685f-2385-4d83-9d23-cadd6a3fa45b_720-1.jpg

Back