• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E body new dash pad option availability

hsb shadow

Reaction score
as some of you might know I killed a weekend trying to repair and rehab my Cuda dash pad. I just got off the phone with Bob at abc moparts. He will take your steel dash frame and put new foam and recover it. What he usually does is has you ship your old dash pad to his business location in Arizona. He told me that they take the pad and foam off completely clean the frame and then it gets redone with new foam as well as the vinyl. This is the path I'm going to take with my car

Manny

Reaction score
as some of you might know I killed a weekend trying to repair and rehab my Cuda dash pad. I just got off the phone with Bob at abc moparts. He will take your steel dash frame and put new foam and recover it. What he usually does is has you ship your old dash pad to his business location in Arizona. He told me that they take the pad and foam off completely clean the frame and then it gets redone with new foam as well as the vinyl. This is the path I'm going to take with my car
Had one sent from ABC Moparts earlier this year looks very good ….. quite pleased when I opened the box .

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
After hearing the horror stories, hopefully Bob at moparts will be an advocate when things go wrong.
I need a dash, but have been hesitant...

That was alot of work on your dash repair. Are you going to continue?

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I'm going to keep the one I fixed for now and I have a second - I'm going to send to Bob

hdwrench

Reaction score
i’m am very interested in your results , he me posted !!!! i just located a rally cluster locally …so maybe i’ll be in line for a new pad …

krr1742

Reaction score
Whats the price to get a dash redone?

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I don't have an exact price but I think it's like 12 to 1300 plus shipping. I just mailed my frame to him. And beats $2,000 plus from just dashes

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I don't have an exact price but I think it's like 12 to 1300 plus shipping. I just mailed my frame to him. And beats $2,000 plus from just das

hsb shadow

Reaction score
The reason I don't know for sure is I did strip mine dash pad down to a frame and send it to him. He will take your unstripped dash pad and then process it himself.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I purchased my 70 Cuda dashpad from YearOne in 1999. Looks the same today as when purchased. It is a Just Dashes pad.
The price back then was about $500 if you provided a good core.

The YearOne website shows them for below $800 (plus shipping?) but it appears they are all done over an ABS core. Not sure if that works very well compared to original metal cores.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
My Friend got a great pad from Bob at ABC Moparts for His 70 Cuda. It fits great and it cost $1299. The fit and Finish is excellent. They use metal frames and new Vinyl. Bob is very nice and Great to deal with.

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Thanks I really enjoyed talking to Bob. Not only was he a knowledgeable individual but very personable.

Reaction score
What is involved in the removal and installation of the refurbished pad? Is it a bear of a job?
Thanks from So CA

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with legendary Auto interior dash pads but I will tell you that some of the brands out there are made with ABS cores. As far as I know just dashes and ABC moparts are the two that refurbish dash pads and have a steel core. A steel core is preferable to avoid any potential warpage from extreme heat . Some have reported that ABS cores can have some vibration while driving.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with changing a dash pad in place but from my understanding it can be done but the front four screws require some creative use of I'm extensions and swivels. I decided to refurbish my entire dash so I pulled it. I was surprised how easy it was. When the steering column down it was a matter of literally four screws in the front the two nuts on the side and disconnecting the fuse box heater cable wires in a couple of vacuum hoses. Once you have the dash out it's nice because you can go through and fix wires and light bulbs etc. I've included a couple of pictures of my dash frame mounted to the jig.

IMG_20240907_124607948.jpg

IMG_20240907_124622536.jpg

Back